OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - Action Item Modified: #0023 Embedding version numbers in cat...

OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC member,

Mr. Eliot Kimber has modified this action item.

Number: #0023
Description: Embedding version numbers in cat...
Owner: Mr. Eliot Kimber
Status: Open
Due: 13 Sep 2005

Seraphim Larsen  2005-09-06 18:40 GMT
From TC Meeting 06 Sept 2005:
    - Catalogs: embedding version numbers
        - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200509/msg00000.html
        - There was extensive discussion, not all of it captured
          here.  If there are any significant omissions, please post
          to the TC List. 
        - Chris Wong -- The proposal as it stands seems OK; the
          peripheral issues can be resolved separately.
        - Don -- Looks like we need to identify "best practice" for
          current version of the spec, and for 1.1., maybe we should
          update the spec with a best practice on the use of XML
          schema with the catalog.
        - Don -- Doesn't seem to be disagreement here -- just looks
          like we need to distill this down into a design principle
          that we can include in 1.1.
        - Eliot -- Sounds appropriate
        - Don -- Any volunteers to write up the issues and the
          analysis of what we discussed here?  
        - Eliot -- Will take that Action Item, and will send to Paul
          to review and also post to the list.  *ACTION*

Seraphim Larsen  2005-09-13 21:39 GMT
From TC Meeting 13 Sept 2005:

        - Eliot -- One of the main concerns here, is that if we
          rename things for the 2.0 release, it may require
          significant rework for users at that point.  
        - See links above for more details on recommendations. 
        - Don -- Is the title appropriate?
            - No disagreement
        - Don -- How should we wrap this up?
            - Don -- Moves that Eliot wrap up the document and post
              to the drafts section of the website, with a sample
              XML catalog attached.
            - No objections, approved by acclamation >>> update
              Action Item #23 for Eliot.  ***ACTION***
        - Paul Prescod -- Suggested that the version-independent
          identifiers needed to explicitly reflect the DITA version
          1.x application. 
        - Eliot -- After some discussion, Eliot agreed that this was
        - Paul -- also suggested that there needed to be a third
          form of version-independent identifier that was also not
          specific to any version of the DITA application.

Mr. Eliot Kimber  2005-10-17 22:26 GMT
I have uploaded an almost-complete draft of my analysis of the issues and discussion of how to structure the catalogs themselves. I got sidetracked on this activity when I ran into a problem with the way that Xerces has incorrectly implemented catalog lookup of schemas via schema location hints.

View Details:

Referenced Items
Date            Name                             Type
----            ----                             ----
2005-10-17      action-item-23.html              Reference Document
2005-09-06      TC Meeting Minutes 06 September 2005.txtReference Document
2005-09-13      TC Meeting Minutes 13 September 2005.txtReference Document

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste
the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.

- OASIS Open Administration

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]