OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


(Minutes taken by Seraphim Larsen <seraphim.l.larsen@intel.com>)

DITA Technical Committee website:  
    - Public:
    - Members only: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/

- Roll call 
    - We do have quorum today

- Review/approve minutes from previous meeting 
    - Alan Houser moves to accept the minutes as read
        - JoAnn Hackos seconds
        - Approved by acclamation

- New issues: 
    - Syntax Diagram content model bug (decision needed on how to
        - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200510/msg00107.html

        - Don summarized the issue 
        - Paul Prescod - Fixing the bug would imply changing the
          content model -- this is a design decision that should not
          be made lightly.
        - Bruce Esrig -- Better to fix sooner than later.
        - PROPOSAL: Paul Prescod moves to loosen the content model
          for the fig element (by adding xref and fn) to allow
          specializations in general, and the syntax diagram
          specialization in particular.  
            - Robert Anderson motions to accept the proposal
            - Michael Priestley seconds
            - Approved by acclamation
            - ACTION ITEM for Robert Anderson to address this issue.

        - Item to add to spec-in-process issues (Don to add to
          future agenda) -- 
            - Content model consistency, to make sure that the same
              base for specialization for all elements that are the
              same kinds of elements (Erik Hennum)

- Issues tracking: 
    - Features list 
    - Definition of Status Phases: 
        - Design Approved: Final design of the proposal has been
        - Proposal Approved: TC has approved the proposal; authors
          working to complete the design 
        - Submitted: Proposal has been submitted to TC for
          consideration; needs TC decision (vote) in order to
        - In Progress: Author(s) still working on proposal 
        - Postponed: Proposal has been postponed to post-1.1. 

    - Design Approved: 
        - # 9 New DATA element 
        - #12 Make universal attributes completely universal 

    - Proposal Approved: 
        - #20 Extensible metadata attributes 
        - #11 Create elements for text attributes with translatable text

        - #40 Keyref architecture 
        - #23 Embed version numbers into catalogs 

    - Submitted: 
        - #45: Add See, See Also indexing elements 
            - PROPOSAL: Chris Wong moves to add this proposal to the
              Proposal Approved List for the 1.1 spec
                - Bruce Esrig seconds
                - No objections, approved by acclamation

        - #45a: Add sort order indexing elements 
            - Discussion -- There will need to be some discussion of
              the details before this moves to Design Approved
            - PROPOSAL:  Bruce Esrig moves to add this proposal to
              the Proposal Approved List for the 1.1 spec
                - Chris Wong seconds
                - No objections, approved by acclamation

        - #45b: Add page range indexing elements
            - There was some discussion, summarizing what has
              already been discussed on the list.
            - PROPOSAL:  Chris Wong moves to add this proposal to
              the Proposal Approved List for the 1.1 spec
                - Michael Priestley seconds
                - No objections, approved by acclamation
        - #47 Structured Sections 
            - Yas Etessam summarized the proposal.
            - Discussion ensued, was moved to the list -- needs to
              be consistent #34.
        - #34: Constraints - restriction without specialization (was
          replacement domains) 
            - See comment on #47 above

        - #32: Domain and topic integration 
            - No time, not addressed

        - #8: Allow tm to contain images or logo content 
            - No time, not addressed

        - #38: Bookmap / bkinfo revision 
            - No time, not addressed

    - In progress: 
        - # 4 Use subset of OASIS xNAL standard for addresses 
        - # 5 Add ANSI warning labels as addition to element 
        - #17 Conref improvements 
        - #19 Introduce new, more general task type 
        - #14 Specialize glossary entry and definition elements 
        - #41/42 Allow expanding/contracting the shortdesc model 
        - # 6 Make @role (and other enumerated attribues) unenumerated 
        - #35 Support foreign content vocabularies such as MathML and
        - #43 Semantic (implicit) linking 
        - #45b Add page range indexing elements 

    - Postponed to Post 1.1: 
        - #37 Reconciling topic and elements 

    - Post 1.1: everything else 

- Spec and process issues (from Yas's notes, other comments): 
    - Update DITA 1.0 DTD/Schema specification (bug fixes and
      comment edits) 
        - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200507/msg00058.html
          among others 
        - No time, not addressed

- Naming convention 
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200509/msg00024.html
      (approved 2005-09-30) 
    - No time, not addressed

- OASIS artifact naming guidelines (to follow where applicable) 
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200507/maillist.html 
    - No time, not addressed

- Relax the related links content model so it can be empty (more of
  a fix issue) 
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200509/msg00050.html
      (approved for 1.1 timing) 
    - No time, not addressed

- Documenting DITA design principles (not approved yet) 
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200510/msg00005.html 
    - No time, not addressed

- Details in the DITA spec--Priestley ("There are some cases... 
where the spec needs to be updated") 
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200510/msg00059.html 
    - behavior of conref with attributes on the referencing element 
    - why a content fragment has to be addressed within a topic 
    - No time, not addressed

- Styling options for conditional text 
    - Recognizing DITA documents 
    - No time, not addressed

- New worked proposals (unnumbered) from members: 
    - Extensibility of DITA through new attributes 
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200508/msg00065.html 
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200508/msg00069.html and
    - No time, not addressed

- Styling Options for Conditional Text 
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200508/msg00066.html and
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200509/msg00025.html 
    - No time, not addressed

- Recognizing DITA Documents 
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200508/msg00067.html and
    - No time, not addressed

- Start of documenting DITA design principles (Paul Prescod) 
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200510/msg00005.html 
    - No time, not addressed

- Module Registry proposal (Bruce Esrig) 
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200510/msg00097.html 
    - No time, not addressed

- Announcements/Opens 
    - No time, not addressed


Seraphim Larsen                       CIG Operations / TPPE
Senior Technical Writer                   Intel Corporation
(480) 552-6504                                 Chandler, AZ

The content of this message is my personal opinion only. 
Although I am an employee of Intel, the statements I make 
here in no way represent Intel's position on the issue, nor 
am I authorized to speak on behalf of Intel on this matter.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]