Subject: RE: [dita] Last call for top DITA issues

1. How about a simple generalization of task to allow tables and graphics in parallel with steps.
That would leave the following compatible extensions for the future:
 - the div elements
 - nested steps

2. For glossary, I'd still like to close on the issue of terms with multiple senses. This was raised privately with Erik Hennum earlier, but I'd be glad to discuss it more broadly in case it could easily cause incompatible changes if we decided to tackle it after a simple glossary mechanism was already fielded.

Specifically, we have cases where a project uses the same term in multiple senses, and being able to gloss the correct sense would be really helpful. For example: AC := i. Air Conditioning, ii. Alternating Current. It's just an abbreviation, but I can imagine it happening with terms as well. Quick, define "interface" in a way that is specific enough to indicate how you mean it in three interesting contexts and yet not ambiguous when glossed. Fun challenge, right?

The opposite also happens: multiple terms for a single sense. This might be easy for DITA to handle because of conref.

Best wishes,

Bruce

====

To merge the threads ... JoAnn Hackos wrote:

Which index-related issues would you prioritize?

- #44 Keep indextermref (or redefine its function)

- #45 Add See, See Also indexing elements

- #45a Add sort order indexing elements

- #45b Add page range indexing elements

I wouldn't leave the others out if we can manage it.