Subject: RE: [dita] Is this correct?

> Do you know of anybody using the OBJECT NAME attribute? I don't think
> that DITA should accumulate attributes that are not relevant to it just
> by default.

I know of one case where <object> is used with the name attribute -- you
can find it in the Java Apiref specialization plugin for the toolkit, in
the doc/ directory. Here's an example from those files:

<object
   classid="clsid:adb880a6-d8ff-11cf-9377-00aa003b7a11"
   codebase="hhctrl.ocx#Version=4,73,8412,0"
   codetype="VIEWASTEXT"
   height="100"
   id="hhctrl"
   name="Sample"
   type="application/x-oleobject"
   width="100">

It's used this way several times. I don't know that I've seen anybody else
using the attribute.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit