OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
(Minutes taken by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

Date:  Tuesday, 28 March 2006
Time:  08:00am - 09:00am PT

DITA Technical Committee Web site:  
- Public:       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita
- Members only: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/
- Wiki:         http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/

Resources for this meeting:
- DITA Wiki home page:

Roll call --> We have quorum

Review/approve minutes from previous meeting:
- http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200603/msg00063.html (21 March 2006)
- Don moves to accept the minutes as read, Paul Prescod seconds, 
    no objections, approved and accepted by acclamation.


- Discussion on critical path to get to official draft status in June/July.

- Housecleaning: awareness of upcoming summer time changes; update Member intentions

- List: review TC statement on topicref/@query and backwards-compatibility
  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200603/msg00064.html
  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200603/msg00071.html
    - Paul P -- deprecate it and remove any descriptions about what it does. 
        Documentation should just say it's deprecated and may be reserved for 
        future use.
    --ACTION-- Michael P to update the spec for 1.1.

- name attribute of object element is not used for DITA. It came from HTML spec 
    and Paul P suggests it should be removed. 
    - DISCUSSION -- name is used to pass through the name to HTML output. 
    - Don -- leave as documented since it could be used as described. 
    - Paul P -- spec reads "submit as part of form", which is not relevant to 
        -- Update description to say it's the name to be used for the object.
        -- Also, it should not be required.
        -- Toolkit could copy id attribute value to name attribute of object 
            element in HTML output.
    --ACTION-- Robert to investigate further and post recommendation to list.

- Review #35 "unknown" element design--foreign content vocabularies such 
    as SVG, MathML (ErikH, EricS);
  * http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/15123/IssueNumber35.html
  * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/unknown (back level)
    - Paul P proposes changing name to <foreign>.
    - Paul P moves to approve proposal with name change from <unknown> to 
    - Robert -- Proposal should also include specific points in DTD that 
        <foreign> is allowed (this info is there as part of the discussion).
    - Rob Frankland seconds Paul's motion, no objections, approved by acclamation.

- Review #20 metadata proposal (Michael Priestley)
  * http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/17318/IssueNumber20.html
  * http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17131/issue20.zip 
    - Don --  Michael P not on call, move item to next week.

- Review for ["Bookmap revision"] proposal (Don Day); Design Complete?
    - Don -- Items to be done in order to get to design approved state:
            * Update the XNAL reference per notes with Chris Kravogel 
            * DTD samples need to be reviewed against the Dec 6 updated proposal 
        -- Items to be done after design approval status is achieved:
            * element documentation 
            * how-to general documentation including migration discussion 
    --ACTION-- Don to update DTD and put results of bookmap-specific elements 
        on wiki page for others to contribute.
    - Paul P -- So much information in so many different places, so let's be 
        clear what TC members need to read and understand in one place

Time permitting:

 * Discuss [http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200603/msg00009.html 
    Glossary submission] for book theme
  * addendum: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200603/msg00058.html
    - Don -- concerned we're trying to insert book theme into bookmap after 
        it's been designed.
    - Eric -- users will fudge it if we don't do it.
    - JoAnn -- glossary is at same level of importance as index.
    - Don -- does glossary need architectural relationship with booklist?
    - Eric -- Yes. Prefer authors don't author in free form...
    - Paul P -- Proposes we discuss further on email list to refine the 
        proposal to scope that's within 1.1 do-ability.
    --ACTION-- Eric to send email with link to correct email message for TC 
        members to study the proposal.

--meeting adjourned--

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]