Subject: RE: [dita] Formal Imagemaps

I'm having a problem, too, with missing captions on both figures and
tables. Many corporate style guides require figure and table captions in
all cases, not some of the time. I wonder, for example, why there is no
figure caption(title) available for simple tables.

We can specialize at the moment, but it shouldn't be necessary.

JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
http://www.comtech-serv.com
Skype joannhackos

-----Original Message-----
From: Gershon L Joseph [mailto:gershon@tech-tav.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:45 AM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita] Formal Imagemaps

One of my clients requires <imagemap> to have a caption. For now, I'll
specialize <fig> by adding <imagemap> as an optional child, but I was
wondering what the rational was for not making <imagemap> available in
<fig>?

PS. I'm not asking for this to be done in DITA 1.1. I just want to
understand the thinking at the time in case I'm missing something
here...

Best Regards,
Gershon

---
Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
http://www.tech-tav.com