OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 May 2006

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 May 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 16 May 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 50 minutes.

1.  Roll call
    We have quorum.

2.  Approve Minutes from previous meetings:
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200605/msg00001.html (2 May)
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200605/msg00014.html (9 May)
    No changes to the minutes.
    Accepted both minutes as recorded (moved by Don, seconded by Paul Prescod, 
        no objections).

3.  Announcements:
    * OASIS Open Standards Day in Germany-CFP still open through May 26
        * Sukumar Munshi proposal "Using DITA with Localisation in Mind"
        * Alan Houser proposal -- available, what is key for this audience?
        Chris Kravogal may present (presented DITA Specialization at TCOM); Don
            suggested concentrating on domain specialization.
        Jennifer Linton will be there; primary interest in translation and 
            interoperability (vendors implementing the DITA model)
        ACTION: Chris to refine proposal and post to list for discussion next week
        ACTION: Jen to contact Sukumar and send proposal to list for discussion 
            next week
        ACTION: Don to contact OASIS events person to learn more about TCOM/OASIS 
            integration in the event, details of OASIS part of event, etc.

4.  Issues:
    * Review "Timeline for draft-to-approval process"
        * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Timeline_for_draft-to-approval_process#preview

    * Review latest recommendations for #20 metadata proposal (Michael Priestley)
        * Original proposal http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17329/IssueNumber20.html
        * Updated conditional processing feature 
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200605/msg00008.html (May 8, 2006)
        Bruce summarized the results of the latest meeting (Paul sent minutes 
            to the list)
        Paul Grosso not in favor of printchar decision.
        ACTION: Michael to prepare final consolidated proposal and submit to 
            list for discussion so TC can discuss and vote next week.

    * Review #38 ["Bookmap revision"] proposal (Don Day); Design Complete?
        * Report on the special bookmap session (12 May)
        * Latest updates: xNAL language definitions reviewed by Chris Kravogel
        * proposal: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15795/IssueNumber38-Bookmap.htm
        Current status: basically ready except for xNAL, which is still under 
        Open issue: how to specialize to accommodate transitional text?
        ACTION: Chris to respond to Robert's email (xNAL suggestion) to the TC list.

Meeting adjourned at 08:50am PT

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]