OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 23 May 2006

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 23 May 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 23 May 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 60 minutes.

1.  Roll call
    We have quorum.

2.  Accepted minutes from previous meeting:
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200605/msg00030.html (16 May) 
    * Note "TEKOM" correction (Raya)
    Don moves, Gershon seconds, no objections.

3.  Announcements: 
    * OASIS Open Standards Day in Germany-CFP still open through May 26 
        * Munshi, Houser, Linton, Kravogel proposals to discuss
        ACTION: Jennifer to post request for use cases to Yahoo users list and 
            ask people to post them to the DITA open area.
        Anyone who will be submitting a proposal please send it to the list for 

4.  Issues:
    * Review latest recommendations for #20 metadata proposal (Michael Priestley)
        * Updated feature #20 (Priestley) 
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200605/msg00039.html 
        * Most current proposal
        * http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18308/IssueNumber20.html
        * Original proposal http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17329/IssueNumber20.html
        Michael summarized requested changes to spec.
        Michael moves to accept the proposal as submitted with Paul Grosso's 
            addition for color support. Gershon seconds. No objections. 
            Accepted by acclamation.

    * Review #38 ["Bookmap revision"] proposal (Don Day) 
        * proposal: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15795/IssueNumber38-Bookmap.htm 
        * Latest files: 
        * http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18181/bookprototype.zip 
        * Transitional text issue 
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200605/msg00031.html (Robert's suggestions) 
        ACTION: Michael to take this issue to the users list to get better idea
            of how essential this feature is in practice.
        * xNAL updates (Robert and Chris exchange) 
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200605/msg00042.html
        Chris Kravogel summarized latest changes to proposal.
        Don: We need to finish modelling the DTD to ensure we can model it 

Meeting adjourned at 09:00 PT

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]