OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 30 May 2006

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 30 May 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 30 May 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 50 minutes.

1.  Roll call
    We have quorum.

2.  Accepted minutes from previous meeting:
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200605/msg00056.html (23 May)
    Moved by Don, seconded by Rob Frankland, no objections.

3.  Issues: 

3.1 Review #38 Bookmap revision proposal (Don Day) 
    proposal: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15795/IssueNumber38-Bookmap.htm 
    Latest files: 
        http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/document.php?document_id=18432 (description) 
    Transitional text issue:
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200605/msg00031.html (Robert Anderson's suggestions) 
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200605/msg00051.html (Erik Hennum's conref suggestion) 
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/2624 (Michael Priestley's dita-users thread) 
    xNAL updates (Robert and Chris exchange):
    Don summarized the above documents.
    Robert summarized the updates to the DTD.
    Michael summarized feedback from users on transitional text: feedback 
        indicates users are against putting transitional text in the bookmap. 
        Michael suggests going ahead with bookmap without transitional text 
    Michael proposes not including any explicit support for transitional text 
        in bookmap and adding the value "printonly" to the print attribute.
    ACTION: JoAnn to write a best practice for including transitional text in 
    Future issue: revisit the print attribute and rethink it with regard to 
        all output media, not only print.
    Proposal: Accept the bookmap proposal with the amendment on the print 
        attribute for DITA 1.1.
    ACCEPTED this proposal as part of DITA 1.1 scope. (moved by Michael, 
        seconded by JoAnn. No objections.

    ACTION for Don to contact Mary McRae on how to set up the new Beta Wiki 
        with review features and how to upload 100 topics to the Wiki...

Meeting adjourned at 08:50

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]