Subject: RE: [dita] Allowing for multi-level specialization in topicmeta

It seems to answer my problem very well.

Thanks for the quick response, I guess I missed this one.

France

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert D Anderson [mailto:robander@us.ibm.com]
Sent: May 31, 2006 10:23 PM
To: France Baril
Cc: dita@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi France - I think that with 1.1 you will be able to use the data
element for new metadata:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14073/Issue9.html
and the follow-up design:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200602/msg00083.html

That will be available in topicmeta, and has a much more extensive model
than the name/value pair in othermeta.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787

             "France Baril"

             <France.Baril@ixi

             asoft.com>
                                       <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

             05/31/2006 09:19
cc
             PM

Subject
                                       [dita] Allowing for multi-level

                                       specialization in topicmeta

I just got a case where I needed to extend topicmeta (enhancedmeta) in
order to include extra metadata to a map. The obvious solution was to
specialize from topicmeta/othermeta. However, othermeta cannot contain
other elements or text and therefore does not meet the requirements for
a multi-level specialization. I would suggest that we change the model
to othermeta (#PCDATA | othermeta)* in order to allow for multilevel
specilization:

<othermetagroup>
    <othermetaitem/>
    <othermetaitem/>
<othermetagroup>

For my immediate needs,  I'll specialize from keywords/keyword in order
to get 2 levels, but I am breaking away from the semantics.

France Baril
Documentation Architect/Architecte documentaire IXIASOFT
tel.:         + 1 514 279-4942 (new extension number 350)
               + 1 877 279-IXIA (new extension number 350)
fax:         + 1 514 279-3947
france.baril@ixiasoft.com
[   www.ixiasoft.com   ]

Let's Talk XML