OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 6 June 2006

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 6 June 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 6 June 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 55 minutes.

Don is on vacation, so Gershon led the meeting.

1.  Roll call
    We have quorum.
    Regrets: Don Day, Paul Grosso

2.  Accepted minutes from previous meeting:
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200605/msg00061.html (30 May)
    Moved by Gershon, seconded by Michael P, no objections.

2. Business: 

3.1 Review action items from last week: 

    ACTION: JoAnn to write a best practice for including transitional text in 
    - JoAnn sent an article in her enews and will submit a draft to the list 
      for comment.

    ACTION for Don to contact Mary McRae on how to set up the new Beta Wiki 
    with review features and how to upload 100 topics to the Wiki 
    - Don told Gershon that we have not received complete information on this

3.2 Bug in DITA DTD: xmlns="" in 1.0.1 DTDs (Paul Grosso)
    - Discussion...
    - Decision to make xmlns attribute truly universal.
    - Paul P made counter proposal (supported by Elliot) to remove the attribute. 
      It should be put in each XML instance if it's needed. This makes 
      documents behave consistently between DTD and Schema processors.
    - Robert mentioned Don's idea for putting DITA fragments inside non-DITA 
      documents that have their own namespace. 
    - Eliot & Paul agree the proposal to remove the attribute won't break the
      ability to embed DITA content in foreign vocabularies.
    - Paul moves to remove the xmlns attribute declaration for the null 
      namespace. Eliot Seconds. No objections.
    DECISION to remove the xmlns attribute from the DTDs and schemas.
    ACTION: Robert to add to bug list to remove the attribute.

3.3 Update on how to upload the spec to the DITA Focus Area 
    No update because we're still awaiting details from Mary.

3.4 Editing the spec for DITA 1.1 (Michael Priestley) 

3.5 Identify action items 

    * For each feature/change for 1.1, identify the owner of the feature and ask 
      them to identify affected topics by next week, relative to 1.0 - send to 
      group and cc me [Michael]

      The following are the features for DITA 1.1 and each one's owner:
      Bookmap - Robert
      Shortdesc - Michael
      Index - Chris Wong
      Graphics - Paul Grosso (sent impact assessment previously)
      Glossary = Erik Hennum
      metadata - Michael
      universal - Robert
      data element - Erik Hennum
      Foreign content - Eric Sirois
      Translation - Gershon
      DTD/schema bugs - Robert 
      Editing bugs - Michael

      ACTIONS for each person in the above list to send an impact assessment 
      as requested by Michael. Each person should identify topics affected 
      that needs to be changed/edited and identify topics to be deleted 
      (where necessary) and identify new topics in terms of what they are, 
      where they should go, and an outline of the content. This action must 
      be completed for next week, so we'll understand next week the volume of 
      information we'll need to manage. If a feature owner wants to delegate
      documentation, they can delegate directly or request help on the list.

      FOR NEXT WEEK'S AGENDA: Assess the documentation effort required to get
      DITA 1.1 draft ready for review, and implement the effort.

    * Determine review options - ideally we would review via wiki, but that is 
      apparently hard. Other options? 

      Michael would prefer using the wiki so everyone can see each others 
      comments and issues/conflicts will be resolved quickly without his

      ACTION for Gershon to contact Mary to find out where we're holding.

4.  Open:

    Chris Kravogel received email from the TEKOM/OASIS open standard conference. 
    They want to organize a half day DITA session in German. Aside from Chris,
    are there any other members on the TC who can present in German, or 
    someone who knows of someone who can present such a session?

    JoAnn is going ahead with the CMS conference in Frankfurt (1st week in 
    November), a week before TEKOM. Anyone who would like to participate please 
    contact JoAnn.

    Robert has uploaded the DITA workshop recording to the DITA focus area. 
    Go to dita.xml.org and look for resources under presentation. 
    [Gershon: I believe this link should work: http://dita.xml.org/node/1330]

Meeting adjourned at 08:55

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]