OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 11 July 2006

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 11 July 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 11 July 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 60 minutes.

1.  Roll call 

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous meeting.

    Accepted by acclamation. (Don moved, Michael seconded)

3.  Business: 

3.1 Review outstanding action items: 

    - Pending impact assessments

    - Props attribute change: 

        - Michael will add the note (warning for specializers) to the 1.1 spec.

        - Robert to redesign #20 to remove the domain specialization. 

3.2 Schedule review--implementing the impact assessments

3.3 ITEM: indexing clarification 
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200606/msg00125.html and following 

    Paul and Chris to finish discussion via email and if there are any remaining
    issues we'll deal with them as part of the draft review.

3.4 ITEM: subelement instead of translatable label attribute of <data> element 
    Erik moves to make this change as documented, Bruce seconded.
    --DECISION-- <data> will include title as element, not as attribute.

3.5 IPR Policy planning reminder by Patrick Gannon 

    --ACTION-- Everyone who represents a company to discuss this with their 
    companies to ensure it's in sync with the company's IP policies.

3.6 Michael: ditaval issue as part of #20
    Flagging can be done via image or text style. If you have start and end tags 
    that are actually text, is style decision to apply to flagged text or only 
    to the flag text itself?

    --ACTION-- Michael to send note to the list requesting discussion.

3.7 Subcommittees 

    - Translation--will be revising deliverables as formal Committee Drafts 
        for future TC vote
        --ACTION-- Gershon to develop DITA-OT overrides to author and output
        OASIS specs via DITA.

    - John Hunt--update on Learning SC preparation
        To be discussed at future meeting.

4.  Announcements/Opens
    Doc standard interoperability kickoff call planned for this Thursday at 
    1pm ET.
    Interested parties who have not signed up for the list should do so ASAP.

-- Meeting adjourned at 09:00 --

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]