Subject: some indexing examples and questions

I'm trying to make sure I understand our latest indexing proposals.

Consider markup such as the following (where the comments
just indicate what pages each indexterm falls on):

. . .
<!-- page 22 -->
<indexterm>cheese<index-range-start/>
  <indexterm>sheeps milk cheeses
    <indexterm>pecorino<index-range-start/></indexterm>
  </indexterm>
</indexterm>
. . .
<!-- page 24 -->
<indexterm>cheese
  <indexterm>sheeps milk cheeses
    <indexterm>pecorino<index-range-end/></indexterm>
  </indexterm>
</indexterm>
. . .
<!-- page 35 -->
<indexterm>cheese<index-range-end/></indexterm>
. . .

1.  Is this valid markup per our latest proposal?

2.  Am I correct that this is how we would indicate a page range
    for a third level index term (e.g., "pecorino")?

3.  Am I correct that the only way to specify the index-range-end
    for "pecorino" is to have an indexterm that necessarily
    generates a (pointwise) index entry for "sheeps milk cheeses"
    (i.e., the "24" next to "sheeps milk cheeses" in the output
    I show below)?

4.  Am I correct that the following index would be generated by
    the above markup?

-----
cheese 22-35
  sheeps milk cheeses 22, 24