OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 22 August 2006

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 22 August 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 22 August 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 45 minutes.

1.  Roll call 

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous meeting.
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200608/msg00070.html (15 August)

    Accepted by acclamation (moved by Don, seconded by Gershon)

3.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: index range behavior
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200608/msg00129.html (proposal)

        Michael described the proposal for interpretation of index ranges.

        Paul Grosso objected strongly to having unmatched index start/end range markup in 
        topic prolog which can be mixed and matched with index start/end range markup
        in the topicmeta. This will result in unexpected index range processing when topics 
        are reused and the first index end range in a topic would stop a range that the 
        map says should end in a later topic.

        ACTION: Michael to initiate another indexing subcommittee meeting this 
        week to try to resolve the index range issues before the next TC meeting.

    2.  ITEM: references to ditabases without an explicit topicid (resumed from last week)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200608/msg00016.html (latest on subject)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200607/msg00051.html (Robert's summary)

        Paul summarized his concerns for referencing a topic file.

        ACTION: Michael to update spec to clarify that topicref is the 
        exception in terms of what is included in the output; all other link 
        elements link to a single element.

    3.  ITEM: TC response to new OASIS discussion List, Unstructured Operation Markup
        * email to Members by Jamie Bryce Clark, 8/11/2006
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200608/msg00003.html

        ACTION: Don requests TC members to look into this and report back to 
        the TC in terms of what, if any, our response to this TC should be. 
        We will revisit next week.

4.  Announcements/Opens

-- Meeting adjourned at 08:45 --

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]