Subject: Re: [dita] multiple shortdesc in an abstract in a topic

If I recall correctly the decision was to concatenate them. I'm not sure if we explicitly discussed what would happen in terms of map overrides of an abstract with multiple shortdescs, but my vote would be that the shortdesc in the map would override any and all shortdescs in the target topic, rather than trying to pick and choose.

Michael Priestley
IBM DITA Architect and Classification Schema PDT Lead
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25

"Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>

09/22/2006 07:03 PM

<dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[dita] multiple shortdesc in an abstract in a topic

In DITA 1.1, it appears that you can have more than
one shortdesc in an abstract in a topic.

If there are multiple shortdescs in an abstract,
what do you do with them all?  Use the first?
Combine them somehow?  If you need to override a
shortdesc in a topic with a shortdesc from a map
(topicmeta), and there is more than one in the topic,
which one do you replace? Or do you replace them all?

paul