Subject: RE: [dita] Proposal: Update foreign topic to include processing info for generalization/specialization use case

Actually, I'm okay with 1, 3, or 4, but 4 is what I was
suggesting on the telcon and would be my preferred path.

---

What are the options with XML Schemas?

Am I right to think that--as long as the foreign content
is namespaced--we can get things to work by giving the
foreign element the appropriate content model (i.e., one
that allows any namespaced element)?

---

As far as DTDs, I think we could give the foreign element
an ANY content model and then all the user would have to
do is insert declarations such as

<!ELEMENT my:foreign-element ANY>

for each foreign element (without explicitly adding references
to these elements in any content model), and things would work.

That doesn't change your point 1 substantively, but it does
reduce "using you foreign DTD module" to merely adding a
simple declaration for each of your foreign elements making
it much simpler to "share" with others.

paul