OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 28 November 2006

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee | 
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee | 
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing | 
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 28 November 2006

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 28 November 2006 at 08:00am PT
for 30 minutes.

1.  Roll call
    We have quorum.

2.  Accept minutes from previous business meeting:
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200611/msg00028.html (21 Nov)

    Accepted. [moved by Don, seconded by Gershon, no objections]

3.  Special:

    1.  Requested update: OASIS Symposium (Carol Geyer)

        Carol not on call, deferred to next week.

4.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: Follow up on "Use of standardized prefixes when incorporating 
        foreign vocabularies"
        Revised action item: Robert Anderson and Michael Priestley to provide 
        text on foreign content generalization - moving content into sidefile, 
        reincluding on respecialization.


    2.  ITEM: Ongoing review of 1.1 drafts:
        Action: Don Day and Michael Priestley to publish updated drafts with 
        comments/feedback incorporated

        Don: No updates yet. Will contact Alan Hauser this week to take up his 
        offer on assistance with updating the lang spec.

        Michael: Sent out updated architectural spec draft earlier today.

    3.  ITEM: Translation best practices
        No SC meeting yesterday--revisit next meeting

5.  Deferred until actions completed

    1.  Outcome of Kravogel telecon on Nested Sections

        Chris: Awaiting completion of draft report on how DITA can be used in 
        Machine Industry, then we'll have the conf call.
        We had our 4th meeting today. Now 12 members, including new OASIS members. 
        Preparing our first proposal about notes and hazards statement, which 
        should be ready by the end of the year (proposal for DITA 1.2).
        We also have a proposal for maintenance task type, but this will take a 
        few months to complete.

6.  Announcements/Opens

    1.  eLearning SC update:

        John: New members are joining. Google "DITA learning" to get a list of
        good sites, including our new Wiki.

    2.  Paul G: Need updated DTDs with comments to reflect the new DITA version.

        ACTION: Robert to update the DTDs and Schema files and release a new zip.

-- Meeting adjourned at 08:30 --

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]