Subject: RE: [dita] draft spec status, proposed schedule for vote

We haven't had a lang spec update since September, and it's almost 1000 pages (admittedly, most of it repetitive attribute descriptions, but still), and one week isn't much time, especially when most of us have other things to be doing in our jobs and there are other people in our organization that need to find time to review.

I'm not sure what you mean by "call for one last final review from the TC starting at next year's first meeting (Jan 2)".
If what you mean is that we'll have final versions of the arch and lang specs in all our hands this week, I think that works.
If we don't have the specs in our hands until Jan 2, a vote on Jan 9th doesn't work.

paul

From: Michael Priestley [mailto:mpriestl@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, 2006 December 18 10:59
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org

Don and I are close to having final versions of the spec with all comments to date recovered. My hope is that we can call for one last final review from the TC starting at next year's first meeting (Jan 2), then have a formal TC vote on the specs on the next meeting (Jan 9th).

Does that sound do-able, or overly optimistic?

Hoping to kick off the new year with a new milestone,

Michael Priestley
IBM DITA Architect and Classification Schema PDT Lead
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25