Subject: Re: [dita] suggested update to topic "What are topics?"

The rewrite works for me too.

--Dana

W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
I think this rewrite addresses my concerns and clarifies the intent of the spec and puts what the DTDs allow into a reasonable context.

Michael Priestley wrote:

A document may contain one topic or multiple topics, and a document type may support authoring one or many kinds of topics.

In this sentence, the term "document" is somewhat ambiguous since it could mean either "XML document" or "unit of publication". I think that XML document is intended, since it would be hard to create a useful unit of publication from a single topic (at least as long as sections can't nest :-)) but it might be good to qualify "document" in this case.

Cheers,

Eliot