OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 January 2007


Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
web:    http://www.tech-tav.com
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 January 2007

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 16 January 2007 at 08:00am PT
for 35 minutes.

1.  Roll call
    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00042.html (9 Jan 2007)
    Accepted (Don moved, JoAnn seconded, no objections)

3.  Business: 

    3.1 ITEM: Ongoing review of 1.1 drafts
        - Architectural Spec: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00039.html (new)

            Michael: I've received some editorial changes.
            TC to review spec draft this week and vote for CD submission next week.

        - Language Spec: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00048.html (new)

            TC to review draft spec this week. Based on the amount of changes 
            that come in, we'll assess whether to make the CD vote next week.

        - Fix List: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Fix_list_for_1.1_Language_Spec_draft

        - DTD: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00049.html (new)

        - XSD: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200612/msg00029.html 

    3.2 ITEM: Review schedule for CD vote (initiate the 1.1 review process)


    3.3 Navtitle and locktitle
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00056.html (and preceding)

        Consensus it's not a big enough issue to hold up 1.1, and to put this 
        item on the list for inclusion in the next CD.

        Continue discussion on email list and try to resolve over email.

    3.4 ITEM: SC updates

        Translation SC:

            - Last year SC approved draft of Translation Memory best practice document
            - Yesterday SC approved draft of Indexing best practice document
            - Work is in process on conref and multilingual documents best practices
            - We'll be asking the TC to vote on the approved documents as soon 
              as the 1.1 spec is moving forward.

        Learning SC:
            - We've had about 4 months of good meetings outlining scope of work.
            - Small groups will take responsibility on particular deliverables
            - Right now we're trying to get he working plans in place.

        Machine SC:
            - This week's meeting was cancelled, so no updates.

        Don: I may move this update to monthly instead of weekly.

4.  Announcements/Opens 

    JoAnn: Our panel was approved for the OASIS symposium, with agreement from 
    several OASIS TCs and SCs to participate. TC members who will be in San Diego 
    please notify JoAnn.

5.  Deferred until actions completed 

    Outcome of Kravogel telecon on Nested Sections 

-- Meeting adjourned at 08:35 --

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]