Subject: DITA Ref Feature Request: Alphabetic bookmark tree

I've started on a project for a client where I'm doing heavy
specialization. As such I am spending a lot of time in the DITA
reference. I'm finding that the current topical organization is not very
helpful for finding things (that is, using the document for reference
rather than for understanding).

In addition to, or as a less expensive alternative to, it occurs to me
that just generating an additional set of bookmarks that list the
element types alphabetically would largely satisfy the reference
navigation requirement--in fact I think I'd like whether or not an
alphabetical quick reference could be generated. That's because it's
still useful to have the descriptions of the different elements
presented in their topical context.

Cheers,

Eliot
--