Subject: Re: [dita] Using glossary terms by reference

Hi Eliot -

> The only other solution I could think of was to use xref to point to the
> glossentry topic with the expectation that the rendered result of the
> xref is the glossterm value (which I guess is what you might get by
> default since glossterm specializes title. Hmmm.

Yes, this would work, and would probably be the best way to pull in a term
if you also want a link. Otherwise, I think conref is the only way to reuse
a term with DITA 1.1.

I know there are at least two proposals on the table for 1.2 that may
provide an easier way to reuse the term. One is Issue 40 for keyref:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/13757/IssueNumber40.html

The other is Issue 43 for semantic or implicit linking:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15122/IssueNumber43.html

Thanks-

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development