Subject: Re: [dita] Policy Decision: Loose or Not

What edits was Eliot suggesting?

I thought he was suggesting making ditabase normative as our compound
document model.

As for edits, I would suggest making it clearer in the spec that the
dita element in ditabase is an element like required-cleanup: a stop
gap, and not the normative compound model.

This is already implied in the spec through the language about it
ditabase having no output implications, and not being suitable for
specialization.

But apparently this was ambiguous enough for even Eliot to be confused
about its normative nature.

Can we make it more explicit that the dita element is non-normative?

--Dana