Subject: Re: [dita] Attribute Specialization

Or you could just add the arbitrary attribute as an attribute in a customization, Eliot, then maintain a transform to turn it into a data element with a "name" attribute of the same name if you want to produce valid DITA for export.

That's what I'm doing in a customized subset of DITA I'm implementing - plus changing a few element names to reflect local locutions, and maintaining transforms for them as well.

It seems such a process should be generalizable in future for adding arbitrary attributes, generalizing them as data elements, then respecializing them as attributes - perhaps by adding some flags to the data element to govern the process.

--Dana

W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
Michael Priestley wrote:

 > Or have I missed something?

<data> might be a better choice than <ph> but otherwise I think you are correct.

Data, yes, that might be better.