Subject: Re: [dita] DITA 1.2 - implementation-specific attributes

Dana Spradley wrote:
> A brief, perhaps placeholder, proposal for DITA 1.2 to support
> implementation-specific attributes on arbitrary elements.

Obviously we need to put some design thought into this feature, but I
think that having this apply to *any* unrecognized attribute is probably
a little too strong.

I would suggest that it would make more sense to have a separate
"metadata attributes" declaration attribute. DITA-aware processors would
then use this attribute to determine which attributes are in fact
metadata attributes, e.g.:

   foo="a metadata value"
   bar="another metadata value"
   fred="not a metadata attribute">