Subject: RE: [dita] possible spec update to include in DITA 1.2

The collection-type attribute actually does not inherit anywhere, and
always applies to the direct children. So when specified on the map, it
actually specifies a collection type for the top-level topicref elements
that are immediately within the map element. At least, that has always been
my understanding.

Thanks-

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development