Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 March 2007

First things first: NEW TELECONFERENCE NUMBER:

Toll-free dial-in: 1-877-421-0033
Toll/International dial-in: 1-770-615-1250
Tie-line dial-in: 421-0033
Participant Passcode: 610708

I will publish country-specific access numbers separately, but this will
get you in for now.

MEETING MINUTES -- 20 March 2007 -- DITA TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
(Minutes taken by JoAnn Hackos (joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com)

Date:  Tuesday, 20 March 2007
Time:  08:00am - 09:00am PT

DITA Technical Committee Web site:
    - Public:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita
    - Members only: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/
    - Wiki:         http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/

- Roll call -> We have quorum

- Review/approve minutes from previous meeting:
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200703/msg00037.html (13
March 2007)
    - Don moves to accept the minutes as read, JoAnn Hackos seconds, no
objections,
        minutes approved.

- Review and vote to close the 1.2 list of potential requirements:
    - (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200703/msg00017.html

  - Discussion of context-sensitive help
    - Robert -- new items added by members during the past week are not yet
included
      in the list.
    - Don and Michael -- discussion of Tony Self's proposal for
context-sensitive help.
    - Robert notes that IBM had released a specialization for
context-sensitive help in
      Source Forge. However this is specifically for Eclipse and will not
apply to
      other help systems.
    - Michael improved support for context-sensitive help should be work on

  - Discussion of the scope of the 1.2 specification
    - Paul G -- What should the scope of the 1.2 effort be? need to define
the roadmap
    - Michael is for everyone to list top 5 choices to produce a shorter
list. Items that
      don't make anyone's lists will be lowest priority or off the list.
    - Don -- The hope is to complete the 1.2 specification in one year.
    - Michael -- should include a bug fix release and major functions that
have been
      waiting a long time for implementation. Definitely do the simple
stuff.
    - Paul G -- we are always trying to keep things simple and small. Will
always take
      longer than we'd like.

  - Discssuion of various proposals
    - Eliot K -- add to the keyref proposal/indirection from HYTIME spec
    - Paul G -- reviewed all Paul's submissions and are all in place on the
1.2 list
    - Don -- entry in place for the context-sensitive help proposal
    - Erik H -- specification on topic refs in maps, 12047. Similar to
topic groups and topic head
      in map. No affect on the bookmap architecture.
    - Yas -- version numbers are part of 12001
    - Amber -- clarify printonly, which has been done in 1.1
    - Eliot -- why the glossary addition. 12005 not needed, already
clarified.
      Machine industry proposals would be better as specializations. Should
create a
      policy for the TC about what is a specialization and what should be
in the
      base architecture.
    - Chris K -- how will we package DITA in the future? Certain of the
machine industry
      proposals should become part of the base architecture.

  - DECISION: Chris K proposes that the list be frozen in 2 weeks. Decides
to ask for a place
      holder for additional proposals from the machine industry SC.
    - Robert suggests to freeze now. Agreement that the list is now
complete.
    - Eliot moved and Robert seconded to freeze the list now. Accepted with
no objections.

  - Note: Any additions after this point will be consider on a case-by-case
basis.

- Announcement -- schedule an 11 am Eastern time meeting of the TC members
attending the Content
      Management Strategies conference in Boston next week. JoAnn will make
arrangements.

--> Meeting adjourned.

Regards,
--