Subject: Request for clarification of DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 17 April 2007

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gershon L Joseph [mailto:gershon@tech-tav.com]
> Sent: Monday, 2007 April 23 4:10
> To: DITA TC list
> Subject: [dita] DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 17
> April 2007

Re:

 * Question about collection-type on reltable or relcolspec elements
 * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200704/msg00008.html

  Discussion on the merits of making this change.

  Michael: We should clarify this in the 1.1 spec. Question is should
  we remove them in 1.2?

  Don is concerned about how this would look if we then rearchitect this

  in the future.

  DECISION: This will be treated as a 1.1 spec comment.

  Michael: Chunk attribute on map element sets policy for map as a whole

  and the other values are ignored, but for example to chunk the whole
  map to a single chunk it should generate a single file. We don't
currently
  say that, so it needs to be clarified.

  ACTION: Michael to send note about this to list for discussion.

I think I got distracted during this discussion, but I don't understand
these minutes.  How is the Chunk attribute on map element paragraph
related to the collection-type on reltable or relcolspec elements?

(Maybe when Michael fulfills his action, it will become clear to me.)

Also, given we said we would clarify how collection-type works on
reltable or relcolspec elements in 1.1, did we answer the question?
How does collection-type work on reltable or relcolspec elements?
Apologies if we discussed that and I just missed it.

Does Michael's action to send a note about "this" refer to the
collection-type on reltable or relcolspec elements, the Chunk
attribute on map element, or both?

paul