Subject: Re: [dita] specialization question

Hi, Paul:

There are several issues in the approach sketched below for DITA 1.1:

The collision underscores why DITA would benefit from aliases and namespaces so elements could be namespaced when needed to avoid collisions. People have raised valid concersn about the scope of that effort, but naming collisions will be an increasing problem until DITA has aliasing and / or namespacing.

Erik Hennum
ehennum@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>"Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>

          "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>

          04/30/2007 09:47 AM

"DITA TC list" <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

[dita] specialization question

One of our consultants has created a new domain specialization
in which he specializes step.  He doesn't change the name.

This works OK in the specialized topic DTD shell, but he runs
into trouble when he tries to include this domain in the ditabase
DTD shell.  The problem is that there are two different step
elements, his from the domain and the regular one from task.

If I were doing this, I'd probably use a new name for the
specialized element, but that isn't what this person wanted
to do.

Should it be possible to do what he wants to do?

paul

GIF image