Subject: RE: [dita] Version numbers for public IDs for non-shell DTD components

I'm hoping to do incremental updates to the DTDs as DITA 1.2 items as items
are approved. Theoretically, that means we could have a very early version
of 1.2 with most of the "simple" items like this one included. The TC can
decide whether it's appropriate to release a non-standard or errata version
of DITA 1.1 that includes this same update - technically, it should not be
difficult to do.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787 (Good Monday & Thursday)

             "Yas Etessam"
             <yas.etessam@xmet
             al.com>                                                    To
                                       Robert D
             05/30/2007 05:35          Anderson/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS,
             PM                        <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [dita] Version numbers for
                                       public IDs for non-shell DTD
                                       components

Hello Robert,

Once we have an approved design proposal for #12001 (versioning in the
catalog/dtd), it might be useful to discuss among the TC whether this
feature can be fast-tracked.  Perhaps it would be possible to produce a
fully versioned set of the DTDs as as a minor release, errata or test
suite.

Yas Etessam
Consultant, XMetaL
JustSystems Inc.