Subject: Re: [dita] Numbering of Proposals

Simple point-based subclassing works for me:

12047.a
12047.b
12047.c

or even a descriptive tag:

12047.mapref_core
12047.name_of_one_issue
12047.name_of_other_issue

I don't see why either of these would not work fine for our current
process. I don't anticipate any sorting based on number, but at least if we
keep the base number, we know something of the heritage of the spinoffs.

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

   --T.S. Eliot

             "Eliot Kimber"
             <ekimber@innodata
             -isogen.com>                                               To
                                       "DITA TC list"
             05/31/2007 10:25          <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

                                                                   Subject
                                       [dita] Numbering of Proposals

I'm working on writing up proposals for some of the issues for which I
am champion of record.

How should I number proposals? For example, issue 12047 (add mapref,
etc. to mapgroup) should really be broken out into at least three
separate proposals. How should I number them?

Thanks,

W. Eliot Kimber
Professional Services
Innodata Isogen