Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 5 June 2007

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)
http://www.tech-tav.com

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 5 June 2007

Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 5 June 2007 at 08:00am PT
for 60 minutes.

1.  Roll call
    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200706/msg00001.html (29 May 2007)

    Accepted.
    [Don moved, Alan seconded, no objections]

3.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: What's next on 1.1 CS approval:

        * Update the documents so that they reflect the status of Committee
          Specification along with the approval date (31 May 2007)

        * prepare formal submission notice, postmarked no later than 15 June.

        * http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.4

        OS Submission to TC Administrator: 15 June

        Familiarization announcement: 1 July

        Ballot start/close: 16 - 31 July

        Standard Announcement: 1 August

        Don filled the TC in on the current status and will update the documents
        to reflect their new status.

        Don mentioned that he won't be able to make the next meeting and asked
        Gershon to lead the meetings. JoAnn is a backup if Gershon can't make it.
        Eliot if JoAnn can't make it, and fall back on one of our SC leads if
        Eliot can't make it.

    2.  ITEM: Dependency sorting for 1.2 Requirements (ongoing)

        * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_Specification_1.2_Requirements

        Alan: We added a Prerequisites/Group column to the table. Since the table
        is becoming rather wide, we're thinking of removing the priority column
        (since that info is repeated below).

        Discussion on how best to number proposals (raised by Eliot via email;
        some email discussion). Agreement to use the requirement number
        with point-numbering (sub-letter) to number sub-proposals.

        Discussion on requirements for proposals (raised by Eliot via email).
        Don: Some requirements are so simple they don't need requirements.
        Eliot feels strongly about the benefits of requirements to streamlining
        the design and further development of the feature.
        Alan agrees we should include requirements and use cases at the beginning
        of the proposal.
        Consensus to include a requirements discussion as part of each item.

        ACTION: Eliot to add new section for requirements to proposal template,
        add a placeholder for spec text, and update the time required sections as
        discussed in the meeting.

        Don suggested making the proposal template available as a Wiki page so
        we can then have immediate access to the latest version of each proposal.
        Discussion led to agreement to post on the TC documents section and to add links
        from the Wiki page to the document. Proposal source should be marked up
        in DITA XML, and published to HTML for discussion. Both XML and HTML
        versions should be uploaded to the TC content area.

        Jen will update Michael Ganon's proposal to fit the new template.

        Jennifer suggested a workgroup for the keyref proposal to ensure other
        proposals that may influence, or be affected by, the keyref proposal
        are dealt with.

        ACTION: Eliot to start workgroup for keyref discussions. Other members
        should contact Eliot to join the group or discuss issues that may affect
        the keyref proposal. Eliot will post invitation to the list.

    3.  ITEM: Chris Kravogel on Secondlife training

        Chris is offering training on Secondlife via WebEx to introduce
        Secondlife,  business opportunities this platform offers and how one
        gets started.
        A second training session inside Secondlife will be held (maybe a week
        later) to guide us on how to set up the virtual world.
        Chris proposes to offer training for Tuesday 26 June (WebEx) and a week
        later the session inside Secondlife.
        Chris asked the TC when they prefer having the training -- business
        hours or evening?
        Don offered use of IBM'S SameTime account. Chris to send Don meeting details.
        Gershon offered GoToMeeting 26th (since Don won't be available).

        Chris: We have a weekly chat meting in Secondlife and last week we had
        our first DITA Secondlife chat meeting and a few people came who were
        pretty into in DITA and don't have another way to interact with DITA users.

    4.  NEW ITEM from Robert:

        * http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24251/IssueNumber12009.html
        * "This was approved for 1.1, but then not in the short list, should be easy to approve for 1.2"

        This requirement is simply to change related links from requiring one
        or more links to 0 to more. To allow easier flexibility for specializations.
        Robert proposes to approve this item for 1.2. Eliot seconded. No objections.

        DECISION: Item 12009 is approved.

        ACTION: Gershon to add new folder for 1.2 proposals.

4.  Announcements/Opens

        None.

-- Meeting adjourned at 09:00 --