Subject: Re: [dita] Clarification of <itemgroup>

"Eliot Kimber" <ekimber@innodata-isogen.com> wrote on 06/20/2007 03:48:35
PM:

> The 1.1 description of <itemgroup> says:
>
> "The <itemgroup> element is reserved for use in specializations of DITA.
> As a container element, it can be used to sub-divide or organize
> elements that occur inside a list item, definition, or parameter
> definition."
>
> However, it is allowed within <p> and is, as far as I can tell, the only

I don't see the itemgroup element within <p> in the DTDs or Schemas. It's
not in the containment section of the language spec either:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/CD02/langspec/langref/itemgroup.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/CD02/langspec/langref/p.html

The spec shows that p is contained by itemgroup, and that itemgroup
contains p, but not the other way around. Is this a request to allow
itemgroup within <p>?

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787 (Good Monday & Thursday)