OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 3 July 2007

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80215
joannhackos Skype

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 3 July 2007

Chaired by Don Day
Recorded by JoAnn Hackos 

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 3 July 2007 at 08:00am PT
for 60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
   (26 June 2007)

    Accepted by acclamation. [Don moved; Chris Kravogel seconded]

3.  Business:

    ITEM: Discussion of #12048 -- expanded header for reltable
	EH has not updated this as yet. Deferred to next meeting.

    ITEM: Discussion of #12052 DITA ArchVersion

	Approved by acclimation. RA moved; AH seconded
	Discussion about the .dita and .xml extensions. Improves the use of xml:lang

    ITEM: Discussion of #12050 Attributes for DITA elements
	PG encourages everyone to read carefully.
	The <lq> is a complex example. Add scope attribute to handle external and internal; depracate
	the type attibute. 
	The goal is to make the attributes appropriately consistent; should be more explicit
	about the deprecated elements or attributes.

	<longdesc> -- deprecate; use as a subelement rather than an attribute for <longdescref>
	and <longdescscope>

	add <longdescref> subelement to image
	add scope and format attribute

	image with nested longdescref elements (format and scope)
	Would be parallel to <alttitle>

	Need to update the <object> element

    ACTION: Michael Priestley will update. 
    ITEM: Review the W3C XML Best Practice document

        DD and RA to review 
	Gershon and JoAnn will review for the Translation Subcommittee with input

	JoAnn will send a note to Yves that we will review by 16 July

4.  Announcements/Opens


--Meeting adjourned at 09:00 PT--

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]