Subject: RE: [dita] Groups - DITA Proposed Feature #12013 Referencing a range of elements (conrefrange.html) uploaded

fwiw, a couple comments from me on Robert's email below.

I think it means the latter, and this is irrelevant if we
go with the singleton model (which is one big advantage of
the singleton model).

> 2) The "Processing behaviors" section seems to state that the domains
> attribute on the source and target topics must be an exact
> match. That is
> more restrictive than the current restriction on conref, in which
> compatibility is guaranteed when "the list of domains in the
> referenced
> topic instance (declared on the domains attribute) is the same as or a
> subset of the list of domains in the referencing document"
> [1]. That is,
> when the source topic has domains="(topic hi-d) (topic
> sw-d)", target topic
> values of "(topic hi-d)" and "(topic sw-d) (topic hi-d)"
> should both be
> valid, but requiring an exact match would rule them out. The
> language here
> should match the existing language for single point conrefs.

I agree that we should (and, I assumed, meant to) match what
happens for single point conrefs in this regard.

paul