OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 23 October 2007

I see the official OASIS way to add minutes to a meeting is way too noisy... I'll stick to my old way moving forward.

Attached for the convenience of the TC members.
Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd. 
Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee
+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 23 October 2007

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>


The following items will be voted upon at the next TC meeting:

1.  No pending votes this week


The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 23 October 2007 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
    * http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25753/DITA_TC.16.Oct.07.txt  (16 October 2007)

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: Proposals for vote:
        1.  ITEM: #12020: Generic "text" element
            * http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25790/IssueNumber12020.html  (Pickett)

            DESIGN APPROVED: Accepted by acclamation.
        2.  ITEM: #12013 Referencing a range of elements (Etassam)
            * http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25611/dita_1.3_conrefrange_v3.html 

            DESIGN APPROVED: Accepted by acclamation.

    2.  ITEM: Review prepared proposals:

        1.  New ITEM: #12031 - Controlled Values (Hennum--ready for discussion?
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00029.html

            Erik walked the TC through the proposal in detail.

            JO: Some users specialize topicrefs. I am worried about specializing 
            topicref in a way that's not related to topicrefs at all. I'm also 
            worried about what happens when a processor that does not understand 
            the spec generalizes [this special map] and then tries to compose 
            the map.


            Eliot: There are 3 cases:
            1) taxonomy doc 
            2) want to render it 
            3) want both rendered and as list of controlled values; i.e. I'd like 
               to publish the taxonomy of controlled values.

            DISCUSSION around specifying whether a specialization should be 
            processed and/or rendered

            The TC agreed to take the discussions to the list.

        2.  Poll for what's available next week

            Keyref proposal [MP]: We had one call yesterday to hash through the 
            proposal and look at the various use cases. We will meet again later 
            today. The proposal is progressing well. We expect to have a 
            proposal ready in time to discuss next week.

            John Hunt: The learning SC plans to have a completed design and lang
            spec submitted in time for discussion at the next TC meeting.

    3.  ITEM: Review of "Items for discussion" list in the Frontpage

        Keep discussing on the list.

    4.  ITEM: URI Scheme for TC Subcommittees (Sirois)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00000.html

        DISCUSSION on the scope of the naming convention defined here. Agreement
        it would be adopted by the TC and SCs. Should 3rd parties (e.g. companies)
        also use this naming convention?

        Out of time. The chair requested Jeff to take discussion to the list and
        make a decision next week.

    5.  New ITEM: Missing <group> definitions for elements in domains (Sirois)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00039.html

        ES: The need to specifically reference specific elements in a domain.
        This is possible in DTDs, but the schema design did not allow that. The
        fixes to create groups for these elements to enable specializers to 
        reference those elements need to be added. No changes to the content 
        models, only giving the ability for specializers to access elements like 
        they can in DTDs.

        DECISION by acclamation: Eric to update the XSD files and to post the 
        fixed schema files. Need to add a link to the fixed files on the 
        DITA 1.1 errata/bug page.

4.  Announcements/Opens

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]