OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 30 October 2007

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd. 
Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee
+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 30 October 2007

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>


The following items will be voted upon at the next TC meeting:

1.  No pending votes this week


The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 30 October 2007 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00044.html (23 October 2007)

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: Proposals for Design Approval vote:

        None this week

    2.  ITEM: Review prepared proposals:

        1.  ITEM #12031 - Controlled Values (Hennum)
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00029.html
            * No new list discussion--ready for move to vote?

            Eric: Submission for vote is pending the keys proposal.

            Revisit next week.

        2.  ITEM: #12007 - Indirect reference/keyref proposal (Ogden et al.)
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00053.html

            JO: It's not ready for approval yet. Awaiting review input.

            JO: Will this proposal meet the needs of the controlled values 
            EH offered to review it for Controlled Values.

            JO: The syntax we should use is an area we're not fully closed on
            and would appreciate input on.

            ACTION: JO to send email to list to try to invoke discussions.

            Revisit next week.

        3.  ITEM #12058 - Specialization for learning and training (Hunt)
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00055.html

            JH gave an overview of the proposal.

            The TC is requested to review the proposal for discussion over the 
            next few weeks.

        4.  ITEM #12021 - Nesting sections (Early)
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00056.html
            * note list discussion on this

            JE gave a high-level overview of the proposal.

            Chris: In discussiions with the machine industry, the possibility of
            nested sections has come up. It boils down to how you define what a 
            topic is.

            MP: We cleaned up the definiton of what a topic is in 1.1 to try to
            avoid this issue that a topic must stand alone.

            Don suggested we look at the use cases to check that the design
            meets the use cases.

--Out of time. Meeting adjourned.--

    3.  ITEM: URI Scheme for TC Subcommittees (Sirois)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00000.html
        * continued from last week 

    4.  ITEM: Request approval of Translation SC paper:
        * Best Practice for Using the DITA Conref attribute for Translation
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00052.html 

    5.  ITEM: Review of "Items for discussion" list in the Frontpage
        * How much flexibility for specializers?

4.  Announcements/Opens

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]