OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 6 November 2007

REMINDER: Please review the proposals up for design-approved vote next week:


The following items will be voted upon at the next TC meeting:

1.  ITEM #12058 - Specialization for learning and training (Hunt)

2.  ITEM #12021 - Nesting sections (Early)

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd. 
Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee
+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 6 November 2007

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>


The following items will be voted upon at the next TC meeting:

1.  ITEM #12058 - Specialization for learning and training (Hunt)

2.  ITEM #12021 - Nesting sections (Early)


The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 6 November 2007 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200711/msg00000.html (30 October 2007)

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: Proposals for Design Approval vote:

        None this week

    2.  ITEM: Feature review (Houser)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200711/msg00003.html

        Michael led the drive through the features list. Robert updated the Wiki 
        on the fly.

        12007 - Michael: Making progress. Michael feels we can get this item 
        into the end-of-year draft.

        12014 and 12015 - Michael: Planning to work on them next week. Need to 
        add use cases.

        12016 - Eliot: Replaced by or subsumed into the keyref proposal. At this 
        point I'd withdraw this proposal, since keyref addresses most of the 
        things this proposal addresses.
        MP: I think there's some overlap, but this proposal includes pattern 
        matching, which keyref does not handle.
        EK: I prefer to defer this to a later DITA release.
        MP agreed we should defer this one.

        DECISION by acclamation: Drop 12016 from DITA 1.2 scope.

        12021 - MP: Jim Early submitted a design proposal, but we have not 
        approved it yet. Up for discussion today.

        12026 - EH not on call. 
        MP: Erik has been working on this. They're working hard to submit a 
        proposal soon.

        12035 - MP: Not sure where this proposal is sitting. Proposal currently 
        needs some work. TC agreed to split this into two proposals.
        Don asked MP to send DP a note about this item and the TC will decide 
        next week what to do about this item.

        12047 - EK: I haven't given this one much thought in the last few months.

        ACTION: MP to send email to EH to ask where it's holding. If it's not 
        close to ready, the TC will drop it from 1.2.

        12022 - EK: I haven't done anything on this item yet. Will do it in the 
        coming weeks.

        12042 - EK: Not sure what this one is about.
        None of the TC members on the call know what this item is about.
        Dropped from the 1.2 release.

        12043 - EK: I have not spent much time on it. It's not critical.
        MP: It's a pain. I've hit this one too.
        EK: I'll take a look at this tomorrow.

        12055 - RA: Should be marked as complete.

        12060 - MP: This is the ability to, for example, to pull something into 
        codeblock as a code listing... I have an action item on this one. I'll 
        get to it this week.

        12050A- JO: Michael and I were working on this one. It's in progress. 
        Affects image and object.
        MP will do it this week.

        12024 and 12040 - CK: Proposal is ready.
        CK will update the proposal to point to the DTDs and latest versions of 
        support documents and submit it to the TC for review.

        12038 - Almost ready

        12056 - SD: The SC has not started meeting yet, so the TC should not 
        expect this in the scope of 1.2.

        12041 - MP: Part of the 1.2 spec update. Scope is creating a new DTD 
        that integrates only the base module. Proposal is simple enough that we 
        don't need a formal proposal.

        DECISION by acclamation: Jeff nominated as an Editor for the 1.2 DITA spec.

    3.  ITEM: Review prepared proposals:

        1.  ITEM #12031 - Controlled Values (Hennum) (depends on keys)
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00029.html

            Should not be on today's agenda.

        2.  ITEM: #12007 - Indirect reference/keyref proposal (Ogden et al.)
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00053.html
            * Recent notes--this and earlier
              * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00075.html 

            MP: Not ready yet for TC discussion.
            JO: We've still got a few issues to work out.

            Revisit next week.

        3.  ITEM #12058 - Specialization for learning and training (Hunt)
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00055.html

            DECISION to vote on this proposal next week.

        4.  ITEM #12021 - Nesting sections (Early)
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00056.html
            * note list discussion on this

            DECISION to vote on this proposal next week.

        5.  ITEM: #12011 - Generic Task Type (Houser)
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200711/msg00005.html 

            Alan could not get in by Skype this week. Therefore revisit next week.

    4.  New ITEM: Request to initiate Enterprise Business Documents SC
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200711/msg00002.html

        Michael introduced the goal of the SC.

        Michael also posted a larger, more detailed document in the TC documents 

        DECISION by acclamation to form the Enterprise Business Documents SC.

        ACTION: Don to notify Mary to initiate the formation of this SC.

--Out of time. Meeting adjourned.--

    5.  ITEM: URI Scheme for TC Subcommittees (Sirois)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00000.html
        * continued from last week

    6.  ITEM: Request approval of Translation SC paper:
        * Best Practice for Using the DITA Conref attribute for Translation
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00052.html

    7.  ITEM: Review of "Items for discussion" list in the Frontpage
        * How much flexibility for specializers?

4.  Announcements/Opens

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]