Subject: RE: [dita] DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 13 November 2007

Hi, Paul and Shalini:

Regarding:

"Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com> wrote on 11/13/2007 11:29:07 AM:

> 3. ITEM: URI Scheme for TC Subcommittees (Sirois)
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00000.html
>
> I'll admit to spacing out a bit during this conversion--I
> don't have strong feelings about the details of the
> outcome--but I thought we decided to go with just "spec"
> for the path segment in question.

I also thought we agreed to go with just "spec" on the grounds that

* The main purpose of the leading portion of the URN is to distinguish this group of names from others
* The specialization name is the main semantic freight of the URN

Therefore, the distinguishing step should be relatively short.

Thanks for catching that, Paul, and for the crisp notes, Shalini,

Erik Hennum
ehennum@us.ibm.com