Subject: Controlled values, @collection-type enumerations and glossaries

Hi,

I'm sure Eliot and Erik know the answer to this, but I have a followup question that I'd like to discuss with everyone.

The @collection-type attribute is an enumeration in 1.1 (with possibilities unordered, sequence, family, choice).  Will DITA 1.2 relax this so that specializers can add new collection-type values?  (I am assuming from #12022 and #12031 that the answer is "yes", but I want to confirm that.)

I am thinking, in particular, of a collection-type on the parent topicref of a set of glossentry topics, which would indicate to implementations that the descendants form a glossary set.  Implementations could use that indication to (say) sort the entries, concatenate entries that have the same title, construct a mini-TOC page, etc.  Of course, such processing is none of DITA's business, but there is a real need for this kind of thing (see a discussion this week on dita-users), and it seems to me that @collection-type is the right place for such a thing.

--
Deborah Pickett
Information Architect, Moldflow Corporation, Melbourne