Subject: RE: [dita] 12043 draft-comment in more places

I support this completely. It's a significant annoyance. I'd even
support <title>. I have lots of mis-written titles in topiocs I review.
Changed one today from Clean your eyes from chemicals to Clean chemicals
from your eyes.

Nothing like writers for excitement!
JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert D Anderson [mailto:robander@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 10:34 AM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita] 12043 draft-comment in more places

I haven't seen any requests or proposals about this yet. The deadline is
Monday, so in an effort to get something done on it, I'd like to suggest
that draft-comment be added to body and shortdesc. I haven't suggested
title, because I think there may be difficulties rendering it or
processing it when the title is pulled into other locations. I don't
think I would object to adding it to title, but we've just about missed
any chance of implementing this in 1.2 so I'm suggesting only those that
are major pain points for my users and are (hopefully)
non-controversial.

Any comments?

Thanks -

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787 (Good Monday & Thursday)