OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 26 February 2008

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 26 February 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 26 February 2008 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 19 February 2008
    * URL  : http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27321/DITA_TC.2.19.2008.txt

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  Translation SC documents for vote (discuss status of pending updates first):

        1.  ITEM: Discussion of "Best Practice for Using the DITA Conref Attribute for Translation"
            url   : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200710/msg00052.html
            lead  : Hackos
            Don: PDF was to be uploaded yesterday. I believe JoAnn made the 
            update. We need confirmation from JoAnn the final update was made.
            ACTION: JoAnn to make corrections and provide PDF for vote next week.
        2.  ITEM: Discussion of "Indexing Best Practice White Paper"
            url   : http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27201/IndexingBestPracticesWhitePaper.doc
            lead  : Hackos
            notes : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00042.html
                    (discuss Kimber paragraph update)
            ACTION: JoAnn to make corrections (as requested by Eliot) and 
            provide PDF for vote next week.

    2.  ITEM: Organization of the DITA Specification
        1.  Conformance and Feature Optionality/Flexibility
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00013.html (Ogden and following)
            Jeff: We're still holding on Eliot's suggestions. So we just need to
            apply Eliot's approach throughout the spec.
            Eliot walked the TC members through his note (bottom part of 
            Some discussion around whether applications that don't support 
            specialization should be considered conforming applications or not, 
            or whether we should grade levels of conformance.
            MP: Even if we don't call them conforming, we need a way to refer 
            to them in an unambiguous way.
            JO: Dealing with this in the abstract is very hard. We need someone 
            to categorize their applications so we can get a list.
            JO: This needs to be a chapter in the architectural spec that talks 
            about conformance and defines these terms. Then throughout the 
            entire spec we need to apply these terms.
            JO: This will result in a feature matrix where vendors can check 
            their compliance per feature. So if a vendor supports everything 
            they are fully compliant and if not then what is their level of 
            Discussion of how to reach a happy medium between a pass/fail 
            approach and a graded set of compliance levels.
            JO suggested the lang spec has a paragraph early on in the spec that 
            states the default unless otherwise stated, so that the spec does 
            not need to state the required compliance level of each item in the 
            Don asked to continue discussion on the list.
            ACTION: Eliot to roll up this discussion on the editorial page on 
            the wiki.
            ACTION: Eliot to mark his email up as a starter chapter for the 
            compliance chapter. 

        2.  Rethinking the DITA Reference Docs
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00014.html (Kimber and following)
            Move to next week's agenda.
    3.  ITEM: Need Clarification on Implications of Different List Markup Patterns
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00011.html (Kimber--see many follow-ups)
        * note public socialization of last weeks suggestions on dita-users

        Move to next week's agenda.

    4.  ITEM: Better name for mitask domain (retained for ongoing discussion)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00036.html (Kravogel)
        Move to next week's agenda.

    5.  Please continue discussion on the list about "Test Environment for SC business" 

4.  Announcements/Opens

    1.  Introduction to new OAXAL Technical Committee proposal
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00040.html (Hackos)

    2.  US/European time change discrepancy
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00043.html (Day)

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]