Subject: MachineryTask Domain

Hi folks,

Today during the TC meeting, someone (sorry, I do not recall who mentioned
that) asked why the MachineryTask Domain is suitalbe for the task topic only
and not for others. As the advantage of a domain is that it can be included
into different topic types.

Actually the reason was, that we have specialized the element prereq to add
machinery specific elements for preliminary requirements for installation,
commissioning and maintenance tasks.
In the DITA 1.0 and 1.1 task the prereq element was the only reasonable
element to be taken for this domain specialization.

However, the new DITA 1.2 task also offers the section element next to the
prereq element in a task.
Prereq is a specialization of section, so theoretically we could base
MachineryTask Domain on section too. So it would be possible to include the
MachineryTask domain into other topic types if necessary.

What are your thought about that?

Best regards

Chris

SeicoDyne GmbH
Eichenstrasse 16
CH-6015 Reussbühl
Switzerland
Tel: +41 41 534 66 97
Mob: +41 78 790 66 97
Skype: seicodyne

www.seicodyne.com
christian.kravogel@seicodyne.com

Member of the DITA Technical Committee
Chairman of the DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee