OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes for DITA TC meeting March 18th 2008


Approval of previous minutes:
- approved with change from paul grosso to correct month on indexing best practices (said august, should have said feb)

>Translation SC documents for vote:
>ITEM: "Best Practice for Using the DITA Conref Attribute for Translation"
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27518/ConrefBestPracticesWhitePaper%5B1%5D.pdf (Hackos)

JoAnn moves to approve
Eliot Kimber seconds
Approved by acclamation

>ITEM: "Indexing Best Practice White Paper"
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/27519/IndexingBestPracticesWhitePaper.pdf (Hackos)

JoAnn moves to approve
Eliot Kimber seconds
Approved by acclamation

Discussion that current OASIS Word template is awful, and we need to create an OASIS stylesheet for DITA so we can stop using Word.
ACTION: Don to reopen DITA template discussion with Mary McRae

>Organization of the DITA Specification
>ITEM: Draft of General Conformance Specification (resuming from last meeting)
>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00028.html (background--Ogden)
>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00029.html (PDF version--Ogden)

Discussion that looks like a good start.

>ITEM: Rethinking the DITA Reference Docs (resuming from last meeting--no recent discussion)
>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00014.html (Kimber and following)

Robert mocking up potential solution. Eliot to work with spec editors. Does not affect language or meaning of specification. Proposal is to make reference content more consumable by reusers, for example when creating custom docs for specializations.

Aim for further discussion April 8th.

>ITEM: Need Clarification on Implications of Different List Markup Patterns
>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00011.html (Kimber)
>Action for Eliot: rollup needed

If you start a list item with a para, should it get more space? (Currently does in HTML toolkit output but not in PDF)

If you have an intervening para container in a nested list, should the para container affect number formatting (eg 1/a for direct containment, restart inner to 1/1 if indirect)?

Should the spec even have an opinion? EG if variable with defaults, what is the default behavior here?

Possibility: for ol/li/p/ol, provide either default of "same as ol/li/ol", or example without making it an explicit default

ACTION: Robert Anderson to write up position for list to provoke reaction/discussion

>ITEM: graphical hotspots in DITA documents
>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00030.html (Summary--Ogden)

ACTION: Jeff to write up as formal proposal for DITA 1.3, potentially make available beforehand informally

>New ITEM: Issue With Requirement for Trailing Space in class= Values
>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00017.html (initial post--Kimber)

EK: withdrawn for now - too many dependencies on existing form; may revisit in future, eg DITA 2.0

Deferred to next week:

>New ITEM: Should Nested Topicrefs Be Allowed for format="ditamap"?
>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00014.html (initial post--Kimber)

>New ITEM: Jeff Ogden request for update on Machine Industry deliverables (DTDs in particular)
>Please continue discussion on the list about "Test Environment for SC business"

Michael Priestley
Lead IBM DITA Architect

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]