OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 25 March 2008

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 25 March 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 25 March 2008 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 18 March 2008
    * URL  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00031.html

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  Organization of the DITA Specification

	    1.	ITEM: Draft of General Conformance Specification (resuming from last meeting)
		    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00028.html (background--Ogden)
            http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00029.html (PDF version--Ogden)

            Jeff: Idea is to accept this as input to the editors for use in 
            writing the 1.2 drafts.

            Accepted by acclamation.

        2.  ITEM: Rethinking the DITA Reference Docs (resuming from last meeting)
            http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00014.html (Kimber and following)
            Action (Robert and others): mock ups of potential solutions

            ACTION: Robert and Eliot to provide mockups of potential solution.
            Revisit next week.

    2.  ITEM: Need Clarification on Implications of Different List Markup Patterns
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00011.html (Kimber)
        Action for Eliot: rollup needed
        Action for Robert: write up position for list to provoke reaction/discussion

        Action for Eliot was subsumed into the action for Robert.
        Gershon offered to work with Robert on the position discussion.
        Revisit next week.

    3.  New ITEM: Should Nested Topicrefs Be Allowed for format="ditamap"?
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00014.html (initial post--Kimber)
        Eliot: The question is what is expected when a topicref to a map 
        contains one or more child topicrefs.

        Jeff: The spec should clarify what processing is expected or at least 
        say it's undefined.

        Gershon suggested clarifying the spec for 1.2 and readdressing the issue 
        in a future release.

        DECISION by acclamation: Update the specs to say that when a topicref to 
        a map has child topicrefs, the publishing behavior of the child topicrefs 
        is undefined.

    4.  Updates on remaining SC deliverables (covered Machine industry last week)

        John: We're working with Jeff and Robert to refine the DTDs.

        Discussion on DTD packages we'll provide. We want to keep the number of 
        packages to a minimum. Perhaps minimum, maximum and something in between 
        with instructions on how to come up with a custom middle-ground.

        ACTION: Jeff to post packaging suggestion to list.

        Discussion on what to do with ditabase.

        Also discussion on best practice documentation on when to use ditabase 
        and when not to use it, which should be handled by the Adoption SC.

    5.  Please continue discussion on the list about "Test Environment for SC business"

4.  Announcements/Opens

    1.  JoAnn on proposed DITA Adoption Subcommittee

        Idea is to have a group to promote the use of DITA in the community, 
        including looking at conforming products and services.

        TC members who would like to participate on the SC should email JoAnn.

        Also, if anyone has comments on the draft charter please email comments 
        to JoAnn.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]