Subject: Re: [dita] Bug in DITA XML Schema and updates for XML catalog.

Eric Sirois wrote:

> Hello,
>
> While working with John Hunt and Jeff Ogden to hammer out some final
> details for the Learning DTD/XML Schemas(XSDs).  Jeff discovered a
> couple of bugs with the XML Schemas.
>   1) the attribute outputclass in the <foreign> and <unknown> is
> misspelled.
>   2) the univ-atts attribute group the not have @dir attribute defined.
>
> The other issue is related to the current XML catalog for the XML
> schemas.
> We are currently using <systemId> instead of <uri> because Xerces does
> not properly resolve entries using <uri>.  There was a bug report opened
> regarding this issue a few years back.

What really hurts is that Apache's own standalone schema parser only
uses URI entries to resolve schema components. For our RSuite product we
had to implement our own resolver that falls back to system entry lookup
so that catalogs that work with documents also work when parsing those
documents' schemas in isolation (DITA schemas being our primary use case
for this).

Argh.

Cheers,

Eliot