OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 29 April 2008

 Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 29 April 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 29 April 2008 at 08:00am PT for
70 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 22 April 2008
    * URL  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00092.html

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: mime type for DITA?
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00095.html (Hennum update)

        The TC had no objection to:
        Mime type (application/dita+xml) identifies a document governed by the 
        DITA specification.

        TYPE PARAMETER: use the topic type.

        NAVTITLE PARAMETER: include an optional navtitle parameter.

        ACTION: Erik to write up the proposal to IANA and the TC will then vote 
        to submit it.
    2.  DITA 1.2 open items (various notes from the list):

        1.  bodydiv within conbody or refbody:

            The proposal only addresses bodydiv in topic. It does not address the
            other topic types.
            Robert proposes <conbodydiv> and <refbodydiv> in a similar way to 
            allow a "bodydiv" like element in concepts and references. (It's not
            relevant to task.)

            The TC raised concern that <condivbody> would not allow the <conbody>
            content model.

            DECISION: <conbodydiv> to allow grouping of sections and examples 
            only and will mix in with sections and examples. Thus it could be 
            used to group sections and examples together.

            DECISION: <refbodydiv> to be added to <refbody> allowing the same 
            content as <refbody>.

        2.  sectiondiv within existing sections:

            The proposal didn't address elements specialized from <section>:
            refsyn, context, result, process, prereq, and postreq

            DECISION: <sectiondiv> should be allowed within existing section 

        3.  Missing longquoteref from 12050a:

            DECISION: <longquoteref> should be included in the <longdescref>
            ACTIONS: Michael to update the proposal to include <longquoteref>
            that's the same as <longdescref>, and Robert to implement both

        4.  element for @standby: 

            The TC is happy to leave this attribute as-is.

        5.  Adding itemgroup and note to substep: 

            The proposal adds these to <step>, but says nothing about <substep>.

            DECISION: Implement the same functionality for <substeps>.

        6.  Extent of taskbody constraint: 

            DECISION: The constrained task must have the constraints of the
            existing 1.1 task, including only one <prereq>, <postreq>, etc.

        7.  Questions about Controlled Values / Taxonomies (not sent to list): 

            Continued. (Follow up off-list)

        8.  Questions about Machine Industry specializations (not sent to list): 


    3.  ITEM: DITA XML Schema backwards compatibility and conformance
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00050.html and following
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00057.html (Sirois' latest proposal)

        Continued. (Eric not on call; revisit next week)

    4.  ITEM: Discussion on Draft charter for DITA Adoption SC
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00097.html

        ACTION: JoAnn to update the charter for voting next week.

    5.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Packages (was "Updates on remaining SC deliverables")
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00086.html (Jeff's "concise" updates)
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00094.html (Jeff's response to discussion)

        Continue on-list.

        --out of time; resume with # IX next meeting--

    6.  ITEM: Need Clarification on Implications of Different List Markup Patterns
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00011.html (original note from Eliot)
        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00058.html (Kimber base proposal)
        * see ensuing list discussion--much!

    7.  NOTE: latest DITA 1.2 draft uploads:
        Lang spec source: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00087.html (25 Apr)
        Lang spec CHM: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00088.html (25 Apr)
        DTDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00089.html (25 Apr)

4.  Announcements/Opens

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]