Subject: RE: [dita] MIME type for DITA - RFC

Hi Erik,

  Just a small note – all RFC filings must go through the OASIS staff liaison (Jamie Clark). Contact information is always to OASIS rather than individual TC members. When this is all set and the TC is ready, please send to Jamie and he will ensure that proper steps are taken to register the MIME type.

Regards,

Mary

From: Erik Hennum [mailto:ehennum@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 9:35 AM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita] MIME type for DITA - RFC

Esteemed TC:

I've attached (or appended depending on the whims of the mail agents) a draft RFC of a MIME type for DITA based on Jeff's approach as discussed in previous meetings and this note:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00095.html

Jeff, I've taken the liberty of listing you as one of the contacts for more information.

While an RFC (Request For Comment) is not strictly required from a standards body such as an OASIS TC, it is encouraged according to the defined process:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4289.txt

For the current list of accepted XML MIME types, see the application/*+xml entries:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/

Thanks,

Erik Hennum
ehennum@us.ibm.com

(See attached file: DITAMIMETypeRFC.txt)