OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 6 May 2008

 Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 6 May 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 6 May 2008 at 08:00am PT for
70 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 29 April 2008
    * URL  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00102.html

    Accepted by acclamation.

2a. News: Chris Kravogel's father has passed away

    ACTION: JoAnn to send Chris' mailing address to Stan Doherty who will
    send a condolences card on the TC's behalf.

3.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: mime type for DITA?
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00005.html (Hennum, final voting draft)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00006.html (Ogden comments)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00007.html (Grosso comment)

        The TC agrees that title parameter should be text only.

        The TC agrees that it should be possible to truncate the title element to 
        a convenient length.

        ACTION: Erik to add fragment references and a few other revisions for 
        further discussion on the list.


    2.  ITEM:  DITA XML Schema backwards compatibility and conformance (need Eric's presence)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00050.html and following
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200803/msg00057.html (Sirois' latest)

        General consensus that:
            If the spec says something that can be enforced by schemas but can't 
            be enforced by DTDs, the schemas should enforce it.

            We need to clarify the 1.2 spec to state that in the case of conflicts,
            the spec wins, then the DTD, then the schema (include the above 
            language that lets the schema enforce things the DTDs can't).

        ACTION: Editors to clarify the spec.

        ACTION: Eric to upload fixed version of the schemas.

    3.  ITEM: DITA Adoption SC
        * Invitation to join the DITA Adoption Subcommittee
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00105.html
        * Submission materials
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00104.html (draft charter)
        * (list of items for vote on Resolution to create a DITA Adoption SC)

        JoAnn mentioned that other OASIS adoption TCs are at the level of TCs, 
        not SCs. Need a place for non-technical TC members to discuss related 
        vocations that are not technical issues, but more at the user level. 
        One good home to address the differences is having an adoption TC separate 
        from the DITA TC.

        The general feeling of the TC members is to start off as a SC and try it 
        that way. Revisit 6 months on to determine if we should upgrade it to TC
        ACTION: Don to set up offline meeting to discuss communication 
        improvements between the TC and Translation SC.

        DECISION by acclamation: The TC agreed to create the DITA Adoption 

        ACTION: Pick up the TC/SC communication issue next week.

        --out of time; meeting adjourned--

    4.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Packages
        * "resume with # IX next meeting"
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00003.html (Ogden, "alternative")

    5.  ITEM: Need Clarification on Implications of Different List Markup Patterns
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00011.html (original note from Eliot)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00058.html (Kimber base proposal)
        * see ensuing list discussion--much!

    6.  ITEMS: DITA 1.2 open items (continued from last week):
        * Questions about Controlled Values / Taxonomies:
        * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/scheme_map_clarifications
        * Questions about Machine Industry specializations:
        * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/MI_Task_implementation_questions

    7.  NOTE: latest DITA 1.2 draft uploads:
        * Lang spec source: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00087.html (25 Apr)
        * Lang spec CHM: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00088.html (25 Apr)
        * DTDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00089.html (25 Apr)

4.  Announcements/Opens

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]