OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 13 May 2008

 Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 13 May 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 13 May 2008 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 6 May 2008
    * URL  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00014.html

    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00018.html (Ogden comment)

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: Subcommittee reports (as needed)
        * Note: We'll try a standing item here for a while, for better TC/SC 
          efficiency and communication.

    2.  ITEM: DITA Adoption SC -- OASIS suggestions by Mary McRae

        Mary addressed the TC on the benefits of having the DITA Adoption be a 
        full TC rather than a SC.
        The TC requested further discussions on this item before making any
        decision (though no decision or vote is required to form a TC).

        ACTION: Mary and Don will invite the ODF Adoption TC chair (Erwin 
        Tenhumberg) to join our TC meeting for a questions and answers session,
        to find out what works and what's not working with the "Adoption group
        as a TC" model.


    3.  ITEM: mime type for DITA -- OASIS comment about process
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00012.html (Hennum, draft 2)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00011.html (McRae)

        Mary: Any registration must happen at the OASIS level, since a TC has 
        a termination point and the TC members come and go, therefore OASIS 
        staff should be the contacts.

        ACTION: Erik to remind folks on the list to respond to the fragment 


    4.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Packages
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00023.html (OASIS comment about process)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00025.html (Ogden comeback proposal)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00026.html (Hunt amendment to Learning SC package)

        Mary: There can be only one standard. For public review, spec votes, 
        OASIS standard ballot, etc. must all contain everything the TC wants to 
        be considered the standard. The TC must package only a specification. 
        Packages can be assembled outside of the official OASIS spec.

        Mary suggested the DITA-OT could offer packages.

        Gershon suggested the dita.xml.org site could do that.

        The TC could provide best practice documents on how to package modules 
        for a particular profile (e.g. machinery industry).
        Anything like this needs to be voted on by the TC as committee draft.
        For it to be a spec, it needs to go through the full spec process.

        Discussion about the packages. Essentially each package is a profile, 
        so the spec needs to address conformance in terms of the profiles.

        --out of time; meeting adjourned--

    5.  ITEM: Need Clarification on Implications of Different List Markup Patterns
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00011.html (original note from Eliot)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00058.html (Kimber base proposal)
        * see ensuing list discussion--much!

    6.  ITEMS: DITA 1.2 open items:
        1.  Questions about Controlled Values / Taxonomies:
            * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/scheme_map_clarifications

        2.  Questions about Machine Industry specializations:
            * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/MI_Task_implementation_questions

    7.  NOTE: latest DITA 1.2 draft uploads:
        * Lang spec source: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00087.html (25 Apr)
        * Lang spec CHM: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00088.html (25 Apr)
        * DTDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00020.html (6 May)
        * XSDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00024.html (7 May)

4.  Announcements/Opens


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]